We're back with more cocktails to keep your summer moving and shaking! We're keeping the mood festive for your July 4th weekend with our American Water cocktail.
American Water was inspired by the classic Negroni cocktail that uses gin, sweet vermouth and an Italian bittersweet liquor called Campari. Our version is a mixture of a flavorful Scandinavian spirit called Aquavit, a floral liquor called St. Germain, and an Italian fortified wine called Cocchi Americano. Because just like America, American Water is a melting pot (of delicious liquors).
So grab your friends, heat up that grill, wipe on some g+c mosquito repellent and light the night on fire.
- Mixing glass, pint glass or cocktail shaker
- Julep or Hawthorne strainer
- Bar spoon or knife for stirring
- 1.25 oz Aquavit (Gin is a great substitute)
- 1 oz Cocchi americano (Lillet works if you can’t find Cocchi)
- .75 oz St. Germain
- 1 shake celery bitters (bitters can be found on Amazon or at your local liquor store)
- 1 shake grapefruit bitters (same with the above)
- Flower for garnish (we used a thistle, which resembles a firework)
- Add Aquavit, Cocchi, St. Germain and bitters to a mixing glass and fill with ice
- Stir for 20 seconds, working to keep the back of the spoon against the glass the entire time
- Pour over a large ice cube
- Garnish with a pretty flower