We're wrapping up summer's final long weekend of adventuring with our Italian Crush cocktail.
The last of our summer trio cocktail was inspired by the Sgroppino, a classic Italian cocktail, made with vodka, lemon and lemon sorbet. We traded out the vodka for an organic gin, which brings a botanical taste, using blood orange sorbet to give it a lovely sunset orange color and intensify the flavor.
Now toast your glass to summer and keeping yourself bug free!
- Cocktail shaker
- Hawthorne strainer and fine strainer
- Jigger or similar that measures in increments of .5 fluid oz
- 1.5 oz organic gin (we love Prairie Gin)
- .75 oz fresh lemon juice
- .5 oz simple syrup
- 2 spoonfuls of blood orange sorbet
- Flowers for garnish (we used pansies)
- Add gin, lemon, syrup and sorbet to shaker and fill with ice
- Shake furiously for 10 seconds
- Double strain into a Nick and Nora glass (wine glasses also work!)
- Throw in a few ice cubes and garnish with fresh flowers